passionate about horror / crime / dark fiction
Jess Chua is a short story author (and blogger) based in SW Florida. Her pets include a cuddly grey cat, betta fish, and tiger nerite snail. Edgar Allan Poe was her gateway to fantastic literature.
10 Random Facts About Me
- I was born in and grew up in Singapore.
- I lived in Maine during my 20’s and live in Florida now.
- I’m Chinese-Eurasian.
- I’m a Virgo sun sign with a Venus in Scorpio.
- My boyfriend has the same birth date as Edgar Allan Poe (!!)
- I work for a very cool podcast in the personal development industry.
- I love cats 🐈
- I wrote under a pen name in my 20’s and took a multiyear break from writing fiction to reinvent myself.
- My favorite playlists on Spotify include Brain Food, Yoga Grooves, and Cyberpunk.
- I’m calmer without social media. You’ll find me writing and blogging more often.